Speaking on Social Media
As a speaker on social media and on-line marketing, Janet uses plain English to explain social media marketing, networking and online relationship building. Her speaking style is open and honest, humorous and information rich. She customizes each presentation to the audience and their needs and can speak on a variety of topics including:
- Social Media and how it can create new relationships with people you didn’t even know you needed to know. How do you connect with people efficiently and effectively through social media channels? How do you find them? How do you encourage them to communicate with you?
- Boardroom talks. Having trouble explaining to the CXO’s why you need to be participating in social media? Janet can come in with solid case studies, best practices and metrics to show the value, explain how to be effective without using up all your resources, and how to measure return.
- Social Media monitoring How to listen to your market and your competitors to deliver an even better brand, product or service.What tools can you put into place to help you hear conversations both negative and positive and turn them into something valuable to all concerned?
- Do I really HAVE to have a blog, a Twitter account, a Facebook page and YouTube channel to succeed? The quick answer is no. Let Janet explain how to find where to participate and give you some tips to succeed. How do you evaluate the existing and constantly changing tools available and find the right ones to reach your goals?
- Job hunting with social media. How to set yourself up to be highly visible and put your best assets forward, then find people who are looking for your skills. (HR people take heart, Janet can help you too!)
- Twitter, Twitter, Twitter! One of the most popular presentations. Everybody wants to understand now to use Twitter without having to spend all day “Tweeting” and monitoring. Examples of successful implementation, tips and tricks and how to build a network of relationships that works for you.
- Making Facebook ads WORK. Anybody can create a Facebook ad, but to really make those promotions work it needs to be carefully planned and targeted. Janet can show you how.
Of course this is not the end of the list. What do you need? With the experience she’s got under her belt, Janet will create a custom presentation that reaches your goals.
Janet has presented on social media at a number of conferences, workshops and summits. Have you got a remote team and you need to get everybody on board? Janet can do an informative session followed by a Q&A period to ramp up quickly.
Some of Janet’s presentations:
- Web Congress- San Francisco
- Social Media II: How to Use –and not get used by it- UC Hastings College of the Law
- Wine Industry Technology Symposium -Building Effective Online Community
- Association of Science and Technology Museums: Management
- Blackbaud’s NetWits Live: How Organizations of All Sizes Are Leveraging (With Susan Tenby and Chad Norman)
- Nonprofit Technology Conference:Twitter- Making the Most of Micro-blogging
- : Women on the Web (With Anna Billstrom)
- Sandbox Suites:Creating an effective Social Media Strategy
- Green Innovation Business Camp: Using Social Media to Promote Your Business
- Wine Bloggers Conference Social Media for Wineries
- SDForum Women’s Tech SIG Professional Development 2.0 : Taming Social Media
- Social Media Marketing Summit Social Media ROI or is that ROE?
- Social Media Bootcamp Finding the right social media networks
- California Coalition Against Sexual Assault Leadership Hands on Workshop with program managers
- Silicon Valley Business Week Social Media Listening
- DevLearn Conference How to Socialize Your Learning Content
- OMMA Social San Francisco Facebook Applications That Truly Engage Their Audience
- Bay Area Women in Film Social Media for Independent Films
- Social Media Club San Francisco Social Media-Everybody’s Doing it so Why Aren’t We?
- OMMA Social-SF Facebook- Appealing apps.
- Bay Area Women in Film Social media promotion for filmmakers
- Social Media Club SFSV Social Media for Small Business “Everybody Else is Doing it so Why Aren’t We?
- Women in Communications -Tulsa Keynote Creating a Corporate Social Media Strategy
- Nonprofit Technology Conference Listen First!
- Social Biz 2010 (Keynote)
- TechSoup- Event Marketing for Nonprofits
- Computers, Freedom, and Privacy in a Networked Society Privacy and Social Media
- RadioInk Convergence 2010
- Spin Academy Spocial media for activists and non-profits
- CALCASA 2010 National Sexual Assault Conference Social media for non-profits and social outreach
- Public Radio Program Directors Conference Social media usage for radio
- Alabama Coalition Against Sexual Violence
- Compass Point Networked Nonprofit
- OMMA Social San Francisco
- Vivanista Fundraising Summit
- Documentary Summit
- SENCER Science Education for New Civic Engagement and Responsibilities
Slides available on Slideshare
Comments from attendees:
“Thanks for ALL the info you shared at DocSummit. It was cogent and to the point. You have an excellent ability to gauge your audience and deliver the most effective powerful info in a crystal clear manner. I both admire and appreciate that!”
Claudia Crask SF Cutters Manager
“She steps up to the plate and knocks one out of the park with her prediction that “Augmented Reality” is the breakout “wave of innovation” in new social media application services.”
“Janet Fouts was fantastic. Clear, knowledgeable, practical information and resources, applicable. ”
“I know from attending Janet’s webinars & SF WoW posts that she’s a rock star when it comes to social media”
“Lots of solid advice and link suggestions from a social media pro. A real bargain and easily as useful as a session at much more expensive conferences.”
“Very hands on and helpful, useful tips and all my questions got answered. ”
“I learned a lot about social media and how building a plan first makes it easier to use social media effectively. You are an amazing coach and I will be connecting with you in the new year to start your program. Thank you so much for helping me understand how this can change my business.”
“I enjoyed your presentation very much. I thought you did a great job of explaining what’s “out there” in the Social Media world and how we can use it and manage it.”
“Your presentation was one of the reasons I wanted to attend the conference, and you didn’t disappoint! Now I just need to go over the notes I took and start taking action!”
“The presentation was fantastic! I’m a beginner who needs a lot of help and thought your information was perfect. You’re a great speaker too – all feedback is positive from me!”
“I highly recommend Janet as a professional speaker, moderator, keynoter or panelist. Janet provides just the right amount of authoritative and credible presence, while being very warm, funny and approachable at the same time. Having been in the tech industry for a few years and excelling as a true early adopter, she’s extremely knowledgeable about all kinds of technology–better yet, can deliver her practical know-how in easy to understand nuggets of wisdom and actionable information for any audience to understand. Tons of insight and fun to work with – I would consider myself lucky to get her again at any one of my events!” –Alyce Lindquist , President , Social Media Club San Francisco / Silicon Valley Chapter