Janet brings a wealth of perspectives to her trainings and retreats honed from more than 40 years of experience building relationships while working with hospitality, technology, marketing and nonprofit professionals. She also understands the intricacies of entrepreneurship from raising venture funding and running a dot-com start-up, Tatu Digital Media, an award-winning digital marketing agency.
As Human Potential Facilitator at Nearly Mindful®, Janet combines approachable tools from mindfulness-based emotional intelligence and cognitive behavioral therapy to teach resilience strategies to individuals and organizations. Her “Microdosed Mindfulness®” allows anyone to learn skills to reduce stress, improve focus, and awareness of ourselves and others. These simple tools and strategies can change the way we work together and live our lives from a more grounded place, which benefits all we encounter.
Janet is an acclaimed public speaker, podcaster and bestselling author of 7 books. Her most recent, “When Life Hits the Fan - A Mindful Guide to Caring for Yourself While Caring for Others” comes from her own experience as a family caregiver and the stories of others on the same journey. Her expertise in this area brought invitations to present 2 TEDx talks on a mindful approach to self-care and compassion.
In addition to teaching, coaching and facilitating, Janet remains a student who consistently updates her repertoire of expertise. She has studied and completed the following courses:
- The Center for Compassion and Altruism Research at Stanford
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction - UC San Diego
- Search Inside Yourself Leadership Institute (SIYLI) Mindfulness based Emotional Intelligence program
- Resilience and Thriving Facilitator certification with Organizational Wellness and Learning Systems
- Leveraging Diversity and Inclusion for Organizational Excellence - Stanford
- Partner at Diversity Crew - Providing coaching and training in Diversity and Inclusion
- Neurodharma and Positive Neuroplasticity study with Dr. Rick Hanson