What is one of the best ways to incorporate the benefits of mindfulness into your life?
By learning and then practicing the time-tested skills taught by a trained coach and in a safe, supportive environment for learning and growing together.
Why do retreats make a huge difference in our ability to absorb and put into practice these skills?
Because you are making a commitment to yourself by setting aside time to focus on both the learning AND the practice.
Why a virtual retreat? On Zoom?
Listen, there’s nothing that makes me happier than leading an in-person retreat. 1, 2, 3 or 10 days and I’m in heaven. Working closely with people and seeing the transformations as they realize the difference mindfulness based emotional intelligence can make for them is amazing.
Unfortunately, we don’t have that option right now, even though it is EXACTLY the remedy we need for these hectic and scary times. Over the last few months I’ve held these ½ day virtual retreats and the feedback has been wonderful. Being able to take the time for one’s own self-care revitalizes and energizes.
Here’s what my individual clients had to say:
- I wanted it to never end!
- I felt rejuvenated and relaxed, ready to get back to work.
- Thank you so much for reminding me how much better I feel when I take the time, even a few moments throughout the day.
- Group sessions were fast-paced, yet centering and relaxing
- I loved the meditations, the tips on mindfulness, and connecting with wonderful people.
And from the CEO after a team retreat:
“I attended one of Janet’s mini virtual-retreats and loved it so much that I hired her to host one for my team. It was the perfect dose of mindfulness for a busy remote team. It was described by many as the first real moment of peace they experienced in weeks and months. It was a much-needed opportunity to recharge and realign themselves, but also to strengthen relationships with their teammates in a safe space facilitated passionately and skillfully by Janet. Whether in-person or virtually, I can’t recommend what Janet offers enough to teams and hardworking professionals alike.”
The virtual retreat experience
In the retreat, my focus is on teaching you simple practices that apply directly to living mindfully with attention to self-care and care for other beings in this world.
- Throughout the day we learn specific skills in micro-doses and then interact with each other to practice those skills.
- It quickly becomes clear how these micro-doses of mindfulness are the keystone to continuing to build our personal practices based on what we need
- Take time to reflect with short meditations
- Bring compassion, kindness, gratitude and joy forward
- To be happier and better able to manage the challenges we all face