Social Media-Listen Before You Leap!
Before you dive into social media for any reason, listening should be your first step. What are people talking about and where are they doing it? Is there buzz out there about you or your product that you didn’t know about? Who should you be connecting to? Has there been a recent event you want to find out more about?
Setting up listening tools from free to paid versions can give you a tremendous amount of information and help you find even more things to talk about. I’ll give working examples of listening tools, outline a strategy for effective listening and give you some ideas to use this information in a real world setting.
This short 30 minute session will include links to both free and paid listening tools and creative scenarios for use. September 1, 2009, 4 PM PST.
You will learn how to:
- Set up a set of listening tools to cover multiple platforms
- Identify the right listening tools for your own needs
- Identify the best networks for you to participate on
- Evaluate what you find
- Creative ways to engage and communicate your message
- Find new topics to populate your blog and online discussions
- Evaluate how effective your social media campaign is
Have you read my book yet? “Social Media Success! – Practical advice and real-world examples for social media” is available on Amazon