Social Media Doesn’t Make Sales – People Do
There’s a deep, dark secret that the social media marketers don’t want you to know. It doesn’t matter what your social media strategy is unless it includes what you expect the prospect to do after they find you through social media.
Whaaat? I know, social media is what I do, and I love it, but in the end it’s a tool. Just one of the tools you should have as part of your online marketing. It’s how you use it that counts.
- Use social media to create an approachable persona that encourages people to contact you and then follow through when they do reach out.
- Send traffic to your blog, where deeper conversations can take place.
- Have a clear call to action on the blog so people can do something when they get there.
- Make sure it’s easy for people to comment and share your brilliance with others. They’re your social media evangelists.
- When they get to your website make it super easy for them to know what you do and how you can help them.
- Put your contact information everywhere. Basic, but often ignored.
- Use landing pages on your site for specific channels of your business.
- That doesn’t mean you spam your social media streams with calls to action and special offers, but if you don’t tell us what you offer,
Social media allows us to make our businesses personal and approachable. We’ll do business with you because we like you before we even get to see that landing page or your new website design.
And that my friends, is why social media is a great tool for your business.
Have you read my book yet? “Social Media Success! – Practical advice and real-world examples for social media” is available on Amazon