Listening Tools for Social Media Monitoring
If you’ve been to one of my talks I probably referenced this page as a resource for social media monitoring tools. I update the list as I test new applications. Some of these are free and some are paid. Generally the biggest difference is the level of reporting on social media activity and the ability This is just dusting the surface of social media listening tools. But it’s a great place to start!
Search and Tracking
- Google Blog Search Blogs
- Attensity (SaaS listening and works with their Analysis package)
- Google Alerts (Free and simple to set up. Not so hot for Twitter but good for websites and blogs
- Ice Rocket Blogs
- MyBlogLog Blogs
- Social Mention free real-time search of most social networks- excellent alerts
- Twilert Set up keyword and brand alerts for TWitter mentions-free
- Trackur Very cost effective reporting and tracking system, great tool for the price.
- SM2 Paid and very complete tracking and reporting
- Radian6 Top of the line in my opinion of the paid services. River of news, sentiment ranking, beautiful reports
- Collective Intellect Real-time listening tool crossed with a CRM. Free trial
- Board Tracker Keep an eye on forums and bulletin boards. Has a pretty cool browser plugin.
- Scout Labs Paid but has a free trial period. Working on Social CRM, recently bought by lithium
Real Time Search
- Monitter Real-time Twitter search and, well, monitoring
- Yahoo! Sideline Realtime Twitter search and monitoring
- Twitter search Search new and recent Twitter posts
- LazyFeed Free real-time blog search. Save your keywords and see new items as they develop
- Guzzle.it Free real-time monitoring of social media sites
- Twazzup Real-time twitter monitoring, identifies key influencers on topic
Remember I mentioned an example of using social media to go wine tasting? Here’s a link to the post.