Facebook Call to Action Buttons get a BIG update
The Facebook call to action button on business pages were a welcome addition, but of course we wanted more, didn’t we? You’re in luck, they’ve just updated the call to action button to be really useful, especially if you sell products from your website or offer reservations or event tickets. They’ve also taken big steps to make it mobile friendly. Yay Facebook!
Now users can:
- Place an order with the “Start Order” button via delivery.com
- Buy tickets to your event through Ticketmaster or Eventbrite
- Shop now on the products you showcase on your page
- Book time with you through a variety of connected services like MyTime and HomeAdvisor IF you have added a services section to your page
- View showtimes and buy tickets to the theatre through Fandango.
- How does it work? You’ll need to add the updated buttons and verify a relevant third party service.
- Manage bookings and questions through messaging
Many of the applications you can integrate with are listed as “coming soon” so check out the lists and see if it will work for you. This is an interesting step for Facebook both to make their site much more mobile friendly, but to have transactions taking place without ever leaving Facebook. What do you think?